Dr. Grinspoon contributes monthly to Sky & Telescope magazine, in a column called Cosmic Relief
To view his articles please select from the year and choose the article title.
David also contributed to several other magazines and online media sources such as:
New York Times , LA Times, Nature, Astronomy, Astrobiology Magazine, Slate, Seed, Scientific American, The Harvard Crimson, Natural History, The Sciences, Denver Museum of Nature & Science – Museum Blog, The Boston Globe, and others.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2005). The Big Bang, Op Ed in the New York Times, July 3rd 2005.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2005). Under the Moon, Op Ed in the New York Times, January 13, 2005
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2003). Mars at its Best. Op Ed in the New York Times, August 2003.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2005). “Gifts from the Gods of Space”, Op Ed in the Los Angeles Times, January 3, 2005.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2006). “In the Dark of Space, Enlightenment Waits”. Op Ed in the Los Angeles Times, January 17, 2006.
- Spencer, J. and Grinspoon, D. (2008). Inside Enceladus. Nature News and Views. 445:376-377
- Grinspoon, D.H. (1997). Venus Unveiled, Astronomy Magazine, June 1997.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (1998). When I Heard the Learned Astronomers. Astronomy Magazine,
- December, 1998.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (1999). Cassini’s Nuclear Risk. Astronomy Magazine, August 1999.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2000). The 2000 Year Itch. Astronomy Magazine, January 2000.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2000). Is The Truth Out There? SETI and the Science Wars. Astronomy Magazine, April 2000.
- Oct 2008 article on the Venus Express Mission
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2006). Meeting Venus. Astrobiology Magazine. March 2006.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2006). Pale Blue Dot III: An Astrobiology Field Report. Astrobiology Magazine. November 2006.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2003.) A Weeklong Diary of an Astrobiologist, Slate Diary, December 15-19, 2003. Entry 1, Entry 2, Entry 3, Entry 4, Entry 5
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2004).“Is Mars Ours?” Slate, January 2004.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2013). “In Search of Planetary Intelligence” Slate, September 2013.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2006). Where is Your Field Going in 2007?. Contribution to Seed. December 2006.
- Grinspoon, D. (2007). Ghosts of Climates Past. SEED, June 2007, p 34-35.
- Grinspoon, D. (2007). Who Speaks for Earth? SEED, December 2007 issue., p 68-75
- D. H. Grinspoon (2016). How Long Will We Last?
- Bullock, M.A. and D.H. Grinspoon (1999). Global Climate Change on Venus. Scientific American (cover article) , March 1999.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2003). Space Invaders. Op Ed in The Harvard Crimson, October 2003.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (1997) Lost in Space, Natural History Magazine February, 1997.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (1993). Venus Unveiled. The Sciences. July/August. 1993.
- To view David’s blog contribution to the Museum Blog click here.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (2004). The Case for Astrobiological Research of Venus. SETI Institute. Explorer, 1(1). July 2004.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (1988). Venus: Bone wet or born dry? The Planetary Report, VIII(6):16.
- Grinspoon, D.H. (1997.) A Long Hot Venusian Afternoon. StarDate Magazine, June 1997.